Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Flower Power!

The couple I am lodging with in Maidenhead have an impressive garden with some beautiful flowers and the other evening I decided to take a few pictures using my digital camera. I am very pleased with the results and thought that I would enjoy sharing them with you. They also may add some colour to the blog. Unfortunately, we are discouraged to take photos at the Fat Duck.



Below is a view on the near-by River Thames...


To me, these photographs, whilst not professional by any means, reflect a little of the beauty of nature and the magnifacent landscapes that surround us. I was really pleased with the flowers in my land lady's garden, notice the little drops of water collecting on the petals and the vibrant colours. The river scene, despite the poor light, has come out quite well, with the passig boat and the ripples of the current. The final image is (I think) a globe artichoke? The artichoke is possibly my favourite, pobably beacuse of its sheer simplicity.

No comments: