Monday, June 27, 2005

Getting a little Nervous!

Today, is my last day at work in East Sussex, at the public house/ restaurant that I have happily been employed at for about 3 years. I will miss the familiarity and home comforts- but I also realize that I have a new adventure ahead of me, at the Fat Duck and beyond.

However, I am now becoming a little nervous. I want to do well, but also fully understand that I lack experience working in this type of establishment. Apart from my one day's trial at Ramsay's Boxwood Cafe, London, I have never worked in a restaurant of this caliber, let a lone one with three Michelin stars and an accolade of the best restaurant in the world. I will give this my best shot and after all, what more can I give, than 110%.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Ace, you'll do fine! Keep a notepad with you and do your best, taking it all in. Good luck.

Michael said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Only one day to go now, until I begin at the Fat Duck and I am feeling a little calmer.